Wow, I mean, I ran to the toilet twice yesterday, no joke. This is a real “cleanser”, full of fiber, proteins, minerals and vitamins! Oh, how I love pesto. Homemade, with a slightly cheesy flavor! Together with a pasta made of spinach and seaweed, and a green salad, it is an absolute winner!
Poor dad... He’s a big meatlover. And I gave him the greenest shit ever for dinner.. Lol.. Anyways, he said it tasted delicious, just because of the potatoes with pesto, and the asparagus fried in butter! Haha, daddy 💚
For the pesto:
80 g basil ･ 1/4 cup lemon juice ･ 1/4 olive oil ･ 3 tbsp pine nuts ･ 1/2 tsp sea salt ･ 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional - but makes a great taste of cheese and are fortified with B12 vitamin) ･ 2 cloves of garlic ･ 1 cup spinach
Pasta made out of whole grains or vegetables ･ 5 potatoes ･ mixed greens and optional vegetables
80 g basilikum ･ 4 ss sitron saft ･ 4 ss oliven olje ･ 3 ss pinnekjerner ･ 1/2 ts havsalt ･ 2 ss næringsgjær (valgfritt - men dette gir en deilig ostesmak og inneholder B12) ･ 2 hvitløksfedd ･ 1 håndfull spinat
Fullkornspasta eller pasta laget på grønnsaker ･ 5 poteter ･ blandet salat og grønnsaker
1. Start off by cutting the potatoes in bigger chunks like I have done. Cook the potatoes until tender.
2. Make the pesto by simply blending all the ingredients together in a strong blender.
3. Cook the pasta. Cook the vegetables if needed. I use to fry the asparagus in a pan together with some vegan butter, oil and salt. They get super delicious!
4. Assemble the green salad. For extra good nutrition and proteins, make sure to incorporate; asparagus, peas, broccoli, avocado, kale and spinach. Top with pine nuts.
5. Assemble the pasta dish with the pasta, potatoes and some spinach. Top with pesto and some pine nuts.
This recipe made enough for me, my mom and dad. Eat, sit back and enjoy how the body absorb the delicious taste and awesome nutrients! You might be ready to run to the toilet after a couple of hours, for a healthy green dump.. ✌ Make sure to drink a lot of water too!
Talk soon, Xx